NOTICE: Antergos-Deepin is no longer actively maintained as I have branched off from Antergos to form my own distro, Reborn OS
This Antergos Community Edition is an Antergos Linux ISO with Deepin DE as the Live Environment and four new, additional DE’s to choose from upon installation! These DE’s include Deepin, i3, Enlightenment, and Budgie. Enjoy!
ISO Refresh – September 21st 2017
- Continued NVIDIA support.
- Added gnome-font-viewer, gnome-logs, reflector, and gnome-calculator.
- Several new themes to choose from.
- Built in support for VPNs.
- Modified pacman effect using ILoveCandy.
- icons and themes now work by default.
- Made the ISO smaller in size and less bloated.
- Added deepin-file-manager-root.
- Added a friendly welcome application from the Antergos developers.
- Changed the wallpaper.
- Packages updated for the live environment.
Updated, New ISO (recommended for most people)
(In the event that MediaFire is not working for you or you just wish to use a different download location)
The following are older ISOs (antergos-deepin 17.9)
Need Help Installing?
Use Etcher to easily put the ISO file from above onto a USB. This will allow you to reboot into Antergos Deepin and install it. Enjoy!
Tricks of the Trade
Ever wanted to add a custom command to a hot corner in Deepin? Thankfully, this is easily accomplished. Just install dconf-editor and navigate to /com/deepin/dde/zone in it, adding a custom value to whatever corner you wish. The top-left category determines the top left hot corner’s properties, the bottom-right category determines the bottom right hot corner’s properties, and so on. Just insert your desired command as a custom value. Here’s an example of a possible command:
dbus-send --session --dest=com.deepin.wm --print-reply /com/deepin/wm com.deepin.wm.PerformAction int32:1
but it could also be as simple as opening chrome:
Whatever you decide to do, I hope it enhances you Deepin experience. Enjoy!
Language for Desktop Shortcuts:
Having trouble with your desktop shortcuts? Are they not appearing in the correct language? Thankfully, this problem is easily overcome by a few simple steps.
- Open the shortcut with Gedit (or whatever text editor you prefer).
- In Name and Comment add in the required language, adding the capital letters that are missing. Here’s an example:
Comment[ru]=Центр управления окружением Deepin Desktop
Comment[ru_RU]=Центр управления окружением Deepin Desktop
Using Gnome Calendar Instead of Deepin Calendar:
Wish to use Gnome Calendar rather than Deepin Calendar but don’t know how to fully integrate it into Deepin? Fortunately, this can be easily done by copying and pasting these commands into your terminal:
sudo pacman -S gnome-calendar(to install Gnome Calendar).
sudo pacman -R deepin-calendar(to remove Deepin Calendar).
sudo ln -s /usr/bin/gnome-calendar /usr/bin/dde-calendar(to link the Gnome calendar to where the Deepin one used to be).
- Gnome Calendar depends on online accounts service to work with online accounts. However, Deepin does not come with this feature. To get around this, install Evolution. Lock with Evolution mail and get Evolution data server installed along. Then logg in and remove Evolution. The data server will stay. And that’s it!
As always, enjoy!
Sync Google Drive In Deepin:
Ever wanted to sync your google account, or any other cloud account for that matter, in Deepin like you can in Gnome? Well never fear! It is possible with the following steps carried out:
sudo pacman -S gnome-control-center gnome-online-accounts gvfs-google(to install necessary packages).
XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME gnome-control-center online-accounts(to open Google sync).
Hope this helps, and enjoy!
Technical Details and Credits